To enter the unlock code on your locked modem:-
- Insert an UNACCEPTED SIM and connect to the dongle Via WiFi or USB.
- Launch a Web browser and in most cases you should be prompted for the unlock code
If the code is not asked for – dongle may already be unlocked – if not then the following procedure may work
- Ensure dongle is connected to your PC and is recognised (all drivers installed)
- Insert an UNACCEPTED sim into the dongle/modem
- Open a Web Browser and Type 192.168.8.1 or 192.168.8.1/simlock.asp)
- Login to the dashboard
- Now goto – Advanced settings – Sim settings – Unlock Device – Enter the Unlock Code – Click on APPLY
After the code is entered and the modem re-booted – it may repeatedly connect & disconnect
This will be because the APN address needs to be altered manually through the Dashboard – the correct APN address can be found on your new network website. On some models it is necessary to create a new profile, rather than update the old, with the new providers APN address
NOTE – E5776
Connect your HUAWEI E5776 (E5776s) via WiFi or USB launch browser and type 192.168.8.1 or pocket.WiFi – in the address bar
Then goto – Unlock Device – Enter Unlock Code – Click on Apply.
Open your Settings – Dial-up – Unlock SIM card – Enter 8 digits unlock code in your HUAWEI E5776 (E5776s). Click OK and the device will reboot to display the new network
Addresses given in the guide may need to be proceeded with HTTP://